Friday, June 01, 2007

Well, yesterday went pretty well. I went to the gym in the morning, swam a mile, and then had to abandon my plan of lifting weights (waldrobe malfunction; well, really, I forgot an item of my wardrobe). So I went home and got some housekeeping and business stuff taken care of. Then I went back to the gym and got an hour of cardio. I'm a little sore today, but not too bad. I managed to eat pretty well yesterday too, which brought my weight down from the 184 I registered the other day to this morning's weigh-in of 180.6. Much better, but I still need to get away from the 180's. Heck, I need to get away from the 170's and 160's too. Ultimately, I'd like to be somwhere between 150-155.

Anyway, I haven't gone to the gym yet today because I'm waiting for the mail and the UPS guy to arrive. I'm especially excited about the UPS delivery; I'm going to try out an mp3 player that works in the water. It's not a traditional mp3 player; it works through bone conduction rather than traditional headphones. It clips to goggle straps so it doesn't get in the way while swimming. I'm pretty curious and I really hope it works well, because it will make it much easier to swim longer without getting completely bored.

So, this afternoon the plan is to go to the gym and swim for about an hour, then dry off and go inside, meet my husband, and do cardio or lift. I may also go for a walk or run coming up here around lunchtime, although it's pretty warm outside and I may not be happy with the decision to do it. Oh well.

So, I feel like I've got a good plan. It's all going to come down to whether or not I can stick with the eating better and the exercising more. I really hope I can.

1 comment:

iamhoff said...

Good luck with the MP3 player...sounds pretty trick. And way to go on dropping da weight. I was up this morning by a pound. Meh. Oh well, at least I can start June at a high point and (hopefully) only go down from here!

I didn't have any problems with the check, because I guess I got mine deposited first. Dad said that there was something that a portion would be released but the rest was on a 10 day hold or something. I got mine in first (ha ha ha) and promptly went out and paid off some bills. Then I bought the computer.

Good luck with everything.