Friday, June 22, 2007



It's over. And I am so let-down! It wasn't a very good series finale at all. Sort of stole a page from Star Trek: TNG. Not that they haven't done that before, but they didn't put much of a novel spin on it. Of course, it didn't really tie up any plot lines, because they are making two made-for-tv movies to finish things up. Didn't even have a great ending; I sort of expected bringing in some old characters to tie things up, but they only really brought in one, mostly for tearjerker points (and while I love the Asgaard, I'm not going to cry over Thor, although he was pretty cool). No O'Neill, no Hammond ("of Texas"), no nothin'. They just went through the gate, as usual, with just a few "gosh, it's been fun" kind of lines. Not even as cool as the end of ST:TNG, with its poker game with everybody participating. Oh well. Anyway, at least one character is making a crossover to Stargate: Atlantis, and I'm sure other characters will show up from time to time. But dammit, I'm gonna miss 'em. It just won't be the same.

*sigh* Why do the best shows always have to end?

No comments: