Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Continuing to struggle. Went out of town on a kayaking weekend, and was very disappointed to not lose any weight. As a matter of fact, I actually gained a couple pounds. The exercise on a kayaking weekend is undeniable (great upper body and cardio workout), and not eating while on the river is pretty good too, but we've started really cooking in our campsite, you know, dutch oven pizza and cobblers, eggs and bacon and french toast and burgers and ranch potatoes and...mmm, gettin' hungry. Not good. Anyway, as we've refined our camp cooking abilities, we've started eating more food on these trips than we ever did in the past. Add in the eating out on the way to and from the camping trip, and it gets ugly in a hurry. Even kayaking several hours a day for a couple days, I ended up apparently not burning as many calories as I took in. Bummer.

Thankfully, one day (yesterday) of being better about eating and working out and I was back down to 180 this morning, but I've had absolutely no net loss whatsoever. I've only got eight weeks or so left to lose some weight. At this point, I'll be happy for ANY loss, not necessarily a whole 20 lbs. I mean, I'd love to lose a full 20 lbs in the next 8 weeks, but I'll just be happy to be below my lightest weight, 173. Really, that just means I need to lose 1 pound each week. That, I think I can do. I think.

1 comment:

iamhoff said...

That's what you get for learning to do campsite cooking. As much as I'm sure you love to show off your culinary skillz, go back to some basic stuff and cut down the quantity. You're obviously getting the exercise, so that means that the quantity is the killer. It's sure as hell my problem. Well, I don't get as much exercise as I should/would like to, but I put waaay too much food down my neck. My .02 fwiw.