Monday, January 08, 2007

Bleah. Made it to the gym for the first morning workout of the new year. Despite the amazing number of people who were at the gym last week in the afternoon, their New Year's resolutions apparently do not apply to early-morning workouts, because the turn-out at the gym was pretty sparse until I was finishing up, at about 6 a.m. I sure wish my schedule allowed me to work out a little later in the morning, but in order to make it to work early enough that I don't disrupt my daily order of business, 5 a.m. must be the workout time.

I'm trying to start out easy. My goal this week is to make three morning workouts, probably Monday/Wednesday/Friday to give me a day of recuperation in between. I also didn't push incredibly hard this morning, doing just over 45 minutes on the elliptical machine to the tune of 600 calories.

Hopefully that 600 calories will offset the chocolate that the PMS was calling for today...bad PMS, bad. Gotta admit, the chocolate made a somewhat crappy Monday a little brighter, so I can't say it was bad chocolate.

No comments: