Friday, January 16, 2009

Well, I knew it was too good to be true. After two days of near-miraculous weigh-ins, karma decided to give me a rap on the nose with a rolled up newspaper. This morning's weigh-in: 198.4. A full pound up from yesterday. Of course, while my magic losses of the past two days were inexplicable, this gain is all too familiar. Both Thursday and today I did not go to the gym. The last workout I had was Wednesday morning, because Wednesday afternoon was spent sitting at home, waiting for an electrician who never came (our circuit breakers for the house are sparking occasionally, a bad sign recognizable by even the most DIY inept people out there, like me). Thursday morning was a no-show due to poor sleep and a big headache. Since this week (and next week) I'm proctoring study hall after school on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays, I opted out of yesterday afternoon so I could get home and spend the evening with my husband, with the hope that maybe the electrician might come. Nope. And this morning was a record-breaker as far as chilly is concerned. The Mid-South region is not known for its winters--they are generally in the 30's and 40's with some rain and gloom but little "winter" weather. But last night got down to single digits in some areas, and my car's thermometer read 13* as I drove to work this morning (with my heated seats). Since our house is not insulated AT ALL (moron landlord) it gets quite cold, and a leg stuck out from under the covers at 4 to test the environment found it unsuitable for human life, at which point I pulled it back under the covers and went back to sleep for another hour and a half. With all that non-exercise going on, it isn't surprising that my weight didn't stay down, although I do think a whole pound is a bit harsh. Oh well. So far for the week I'm still down based on last week's debacle. Hopefully I can get back on track this afternoon and this weekend.

1 comment:

iamhoff said...

Not knowing if you two are actually ever going to leave the South, maybe it's time to look at a different place to live...one with, oh I don't know, insulation. And maybe functional wiring and circuits (hate to damage that glorious new TV). I hope you find a way out soon, but who knows when that will happen. Maybe moving locally to a different place would be the trigger. That's how it usually happens anyway...

Sorry about the weight, but that consistency and effort is the key. Believe me I know all about the damage that occurs from both lack of effort and lack of consistency. Keep plugging away, and I might have the Bloom County cartoon (I think it's in Billy and the Boingers). If I find it, I'll scan it and send it.