Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Weigh-in: 200.2

That's an improvement over yesterday, at least, but I'm still not at my Sunday morning weight of 200, and I've gotta work extra hard to get below 200 by Sunday. Of course, it would help if I would A) stick to my exercise plan and B) eat right.

I didn't hit the gym yesterday afternoon, despite my original plan. I did my all-too-frequent Monday afternoon driveby, where I look at the parking lot, grump about how many people work out on Mondays, and say to myself, "Well, I'll just go home and do sit-ups and push-ups and take the dog for a long walk." When I get home there's always something to distract me from the sit-ups and the push-ups and the long walks. And even worse, I drag my husband with me--instead of going to the gym, when he hears that I'm just going home, he just comes home too.

It used to be that we talked each other INTO working out. One would be sitting around and the other would say, "Hey, let's go play racquetball" or "Let's go skate" or "Let's go ride bikes." When we were both being good about working out we'd prop each other up and encourage each other. We'd make sure we both made it to the gym. But now we're in the habit of talking each other OUT of workouts. One will call the other and say, "Are you going to the gym?" and the other will say, "Well, I was going to, but I really don't WANT to" and the first will say, "Fine by me; I'll meet you at (fill in the name of the restaurant)." Even if we plan to work out at home, it just ends up not happening.

I feel extra-bad about it, because I'm the one who is at least getting the morning workout. My husband doesn't usually make it to the gym in the mornings, and when I cop out on an afternoon workout like I did yesterday, I deprive him of the opportunity to exercise. I've got to start sucking it up and doing the afternoons, because if I don't, I'm afraid he won't get the chance to either.

I also need to make better food choices, especially when we go out to eat. That should be the time to get a SALAD (unless it's something extra-special, like Texas de Brazil). I did slightly better than usual last night, when we ate at Taco Bell, because I opted for items from the "fresco" menu, which basically seems to be a substitution of chopped onions, tomatoes, and cilantro for the shredded cheese that usually accompanies a Taco Bell product. However, I should have just gotten ONE item, not two. I got a burrito and a taco. I need to learn to cut the portions back!

*sigh* I hope tomorrow's weigh-in is better. I did hit the gym this morning, and I WILL go to the gym this afternoon.

No comments: