Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Today's weigh-in: 200.0

Well, I'm back where I started on Sunday. I guess that's good; technically it's almost a 1/2 lb weight-loss this week. Of course, when the week started with a 1/2 lb GAIN, that isn't so great, but I do still have three more days to go. It's possible, if I can stay on track, I might end up with a whole pound! Yay!

I did better about working out yesterday. The same routine in the morning, and then in the afternoon I hit the pool. It wasn't pretty. I'm really glad now that I didn't participate in the "old timers" swim meet my in-laws tried to get me into over Christmas. Not only had I not been in a pool since the summer, but it would have been at altitude too. Yikes. As it was, I barely survived the first 100 yards yesterday without stopping and panting. I only did 1200 yards, but it's a start.

I almost caved in this morning when the alarm went off. 4 a.m. really is way too early. But I know from sad experience that, as hard as it is to get out of bed in the morning, it's still easier than making myself go by the gym after work, when I'm tired and all I really want to do is go home and spend time with my husband and my dog. So I dragged my sorry self out from under the warm covers into the chilly house and set off on my morning. Meh. At least I did it. My goal is to actually make it to the gym all five mornings this week. Only two more to go!

No comments: