Monday, November 13, 2006

Guess I'm going to have to do my blogging in the morning instead of at the end of the day. I just don't have the time at the end of the day. Case in point: yesterday. I meant to do my blog and go to bed at a reasonable hour so I could get up and hit the gym. Instead I found myself still sitting there working on school stuff after ten. Crap.

So here's the food damage from yesterday:
bowl of cereal
toast
granola bar
tuna sandwich
carrots
pudding
big chicken taco thing (was supposed to be a quesadilla but didn't have any cheese in it) and some chips
small "dirt sundae" (had to heed the call of PMS)

Exercise? just a walk with the dog--not much happens on Sundays

And today isn't looking much better. I didn't make it to the gym this morning, again. Mondays are hard anyway; I've been comfy all weekend and it's hard to drag myself out of my toasty bed and commit to the horror. Plus, my husband and I, with all our similarities and common likes, have very dissimilar sleep schedules. I really need to be in bed by ten (lights and TV off, eyes shut) in order to get up at four. I really function best at eight hours of sleep, but I can't make it to bed before nine at the earliest. When I wake up, it's difficult to go back to sleep immediately, so I don't use a snooze alarm--when it goes off, I'm pretty much up. My husband on the other hand is a night owl. He can go and go in the evenings, hitting his stride later in the evening and not really getting tired until after midnight. When he gets up in the morning, the snooze alarm goes off three or four times before he finally gets up. The short of this is that it was already after ten when I finally headed to bed, and then we talked until about eleven. That meant there was no way I was making it to the gym.

Woman of 1000 excuses, that's me.

No comments: