Wednesday, April 05, 2006

What is up with all these teachers who are sleeping with their students?

All of these women say the same thing: "He's so mature. He's more of a man than any man I've ever met. Even though he's only 13/14/15, we're in love, and I know he'll wait for me."

OK, a couple of things. I've met middle school AND high school boys. I was friends with them when I was in middle and high school, I've coached them, I've taught them, and I can tell you: NO MIDDLE OR HIGH SCHOOL BOY IS THAT MATURE. It just doesn't happen. They are interested in skateboarding and roadkill and Jackass: The Movie and calling breasts "boobs". (Note: Yes, I know there are plenty of adult males who are interested in those things, and I am not interested in those males, either.) What grown woman in her right mind would find that mature? (Note: Yes, I know, the whole point is that these women aren't in their right minds.)

If these boys are "more of a man than any man I've ever met", where the hell are these women hanging out? Other than the playground? These women desperately need to fill out an E-Harmony profile and find someone to date who is more appropriate. Really.

And as for the "he'll wait for me (until I get out of prison)", of course he'll wait for you; you were willing to have sex with him even though he was a total idiot kid. What boy wouldn't be impressed with that? Of course, as soon as the boy actually DOES grow up and mature, he'll realize that there is something seriously wrong with you for being willing to sleep with a kid, and he'll dump you for someone normal. (Note: Except for the little freak Mary Kay Letourneau slept with. And there is something not right about him anyway. Perhaps they ARE soul mates.)

What ever happened to the world where men were men, women were women, and minors who should be off-limits were minors who were off-limits?

4 comments:

MusikMom said...

As a former intermediate and middle-school teacher, I only have one word: EEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

MusikMom said...

I just read about your time change/cold on your bro's blog. Sorry to hear that your side of the universe is out of sorts! (I do like the fact that Arizona doesn't do the time change thang!)

Know that you are admired for just trying to get to the gym not once but TWICE a day! Rest up so you can get back sooner!

Take care,
Mon :-)

k. said...

hey, rd! our blogs actually cover somewhat related terrain today ...

i mean, granted, there's a big difference between 14 and 24 ... and, well, there's no teacher-student stuff in what i'm addressing ...

okay, so there's really nothing related about our blogs today. *laughing*

my point (if i have one) is that there's a basic truth to the notion that kids are kids no matter how mature and funny and cool they might seem. adults (?) who try and rationalize that away annoy me.

if i slept with a 24 year old i'd be kind of yucky ... if i slept with a 14 year old i'd be kind of a criminal.

k

(yikes. i'm rambling.)

River Driver said...

K,

The issue with the age differences is that both people you are referring to are adults, just adults with different generational perspectives. While those generational differences can sometimes be awkward (trying to explain to twenty-somethings what it was like to listen to the record player when you were younger can be really funnny, and when you get a generation gap like Anna Nicole Smith and J. Howard Marshall, it gets kind of creepy). The thing with these teachers and their students is a concern because they are taking advantage of their status as the adult and authority figure and having a relationship with someone who has not fully developed emotional/physical/intellectual decision-making skills. Then it's just icky.