Sunday, December 18, 2005

Well, the Colts can stop worrying about their perfect season...

Woo hoo! My Bolts pulled it off! The Chargers managed to wreak another team's streak. They played giant-killer to the New England Patriots early on in the season, ending the win streak. Then they played three pretty good quarters today and finished off the undefeated season for the Colts. All week everyone speculated on whether Tony Dungy would sit out his starters to keep them safe and healthy, or if they'd fight for their season. Well, they kept the starters in, despite San Diego bruising several of the Colts' players and pummelling Peyton Manning. Lot of good it did them, eh? Ha ha ha!

Sorry, I just have to take some glee in this. It isn't that I don't respect the Colts; I think they are a nice team. They don't have any thugs or jerks or T.O.s on their team, which is great. There are so many twits in professional sports who seem to forget that their primary job is entertainment and they play a game for a living. So I appreciate their players and their team effort. Nice coach, nice players. But my team is fighting for a playoff spot, dang it, so to heck with niceties. I'll happily yell at the television to have one of the players on my team rip the gizzard out of another if it means points. I guess I don't have much sportsmanship. Oh well.

Besides, it is fun to see a bad day for a Manning. I don't mind Peyton, but Eli is still on my s*** list from the whole drafting issue last season. I don't care who your daddy is, he doesn't get to pick which team drafts you. So find a river, build a bridge, and get over it!

Anyway, my Bolts are victorious, and now Tony Dungy can sit his starters out the last two games. Everyone is happy, right?

1 comment:

iamhoff said...

Hey! You're still blogging! Woo hoo! How about dem Bolts! Next week in KC should be interesting. They're tough at home, especially in December, but very few people thought the Bolts could take down Indy.

So, last night my monitor caught fire. Nothing really damaging, just some crackles, some pops, and some smoke. Followed quickly by my frantically unplugging it from wall and CPU. I guess my asking for gift cards to Best Buy for a new monitor was pretty prescient. BTW, for an English teacher, you really need to spell check yourself better. It rhymes nicely, but did you really mean "wreak" and "streak" without them wreaking something specific (like havoc)? I'm just assumin' you meant "wreck"...but what do I know? I'm just your big brother.