Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Seriously disappointed with Pennsylvania...

I see this morning that a federal judge has ruled that Intelligent Design cannot be mentioned as a possible theory in a biology class in Pennsylvania. Isn't this the same state where they drafted the Declaration of Independence, which references "the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God" (National Archives)? Who the %*^& do they think that statement is talking about? As long as it isn't given more face time than any other theory (NONE OF WHICH HAVE BEEN CONCLUSIVELY PROVEN, YOU MORONS) I don't see why it cannot be mentioned. It is not religion being rammed down their throats; it is COMPLETE education where all possibilities are mentioned. The students learn in their health classes about all the different kinds of illegal drugs and what the effects of use are; why isn't anyone freaking out about that? What if I don't want my child (well, if I had one) exposed to such dangerous information? I personally was opposed to learning math when I was in school; I agree with Calvin in "Calvin and Hobbes" that it violates my belief system and I should not have been subjected to it (UComics). I don't hear anyone championing my cause or offering me legal options.

I'm just so thankful that I work in a Catholic school (and I'm not even Catholic) where they mention ALL the different theories (even *gasp* evolution) and where I can have a big sign in my classroom that says "In God We Trust", just like what's on the money that they are awarding these idiots who are protesting Intelligent Design. If they were truly opposed to the concept of God and references to Him in any form, and if they weren't just trying to make said buck, they would stop using US currency because it violates their belief system. But as I suspected, they are just morons!!

http://www.archives.gov/national-archives-experience/
charters/declaration_transcript.html

http://www.ucomics.com/calvinandhobbes/

No comments: