Monday, May 12, 2008

Interesting. I hadn't given an update since I started my "new" weight loss plan that involves self-bribery. I am apparently extrinsically motivated. Who knew?

I started on May 1 with a weight of 195.6 (the weight I seem to have been stuck at for months and months now). I did much better about my eating for the week, while doing so-so at the working out (I did manage at least a brief workout five of the seven days that week). Lo and behold: one week later (May 8) my weight was 193. A 2.6 lb drop earned me (at $3 per lb) $7.80. The working out is what really adds up; five days of working out (only one of which was a two-workout day, sadly) earned me another $16, for a total for the week of $23.80. Whatever money I earn for myself I will just set aside for what I hope will be a killer shopping spree for all new clothes when school starts in August.

Anyway, this week hasn't been quite so stellar, although I still have a few days left. We've done more eating out than we should, and my weigh-ins have really fluctuated, with a high one morning of 194.2 and a low a two mornings later of 191.6. This morning it was 192.2. That still gives me a net loss for the week. Hopefully I can shed a little more between now and Thursday. The problem this week has been work--I've been grading rough drafts of research papers, and they've been...well...rough. I'll fully admit: I didn't spend nearly enough time working on the paper with this group of freshmen, and they aren't self-motivated enough to look up some of this stuff themselves. Of course, they should already know it; there's no reason any kid should make it to 9th grade without having had some exposure to research methods, notetaking, outlining, and citing sources. This may make the final papers, which get turned in later this week, pretty sketchy. We'll see. Anyway, the rough drafts have gone slowly enough that I've been getting up early in the morning and using my workout time to grade papers, and I'm still not done. I'll have to get the last ones done today for sure, because I need to hand them back to the girls this afternoon. Keep your fingers crossed on that one.

So, the weight loss is progressing, although oh so slowly. Hopefully I can drop a little more this week to sweeten the $.

2 comments:

iamhoff said...

No matter how small the amount, fewer pounds is fewer pounds (why does that sound like Forest Gump?). As to your kids, good luck with that. Any word on your hubby and the "goals" he is aiming for?

River Driver said...

Nuthin' yet. Still working on it. Frustration grows with leaps and bounds daily.