Friday, May 02, 2008

OK, so, apparently I don't understand weight loss at all. Yesterday morning's weigh-in after a night of meat debauchery: 195.6 lbs. This morning's weigh-in, after eating reasonably well yesterday AND working out for over an hour: 197.0 lbs. WTF? Not fair. I know, I know, today's weigh-in probably more accurately represents the feeding frenzy from two nights ago, but still. Not fair at all. It's only my second day of the experiment and I'm already in negative numbers, but not the negative numbers I'm supposed to be seeing. Dang it. And I couldn't run this morning because I apparently pulled a hamstring in my excitement yesterday morning, so I had to rely on sit-ups and push-ups, which probably won't help much. Crud.

1 comment:

iamhoff said...

Did you weigh yourself at the same time both days? That's always been the variable in my day to day weight numbers. Get through a reasonable food day today (you exercised sort of, so that will help), and see where you are tomorrow. My guess is that, unless you had some meltdown (no, not a tuna melt), you should be below the 5/1 weigh in. First thing, though, give up the meat orgy. I have finally admitted that the Chinese buffets that I so dearly love (show me the buffet!!! you go now!!!) do not love me back. And don't delude yourself into thinking that if you just eat an apple (for example) for breakfast and a single 280 calorie lean cuisine for lunch, that you can gorge yourself at the meat orgy and still get away with it. Trust me, you can't.

Hope the hammy gets better, and keep the efforts up.