Sunday, January 15, 2006

By golly, I was wrong.

Chicago simply did not play good enough football to hold off Carolina. I guess a really good defense can only do so much. Chicago just didn't have enough offense. So next week it's Carolina at Seattle (bet it'll rain) and Pittsburgh at Denver. Should be interesting. I still stand by my final prediction: Seattle vs. Denver.

Now I'm in the middle of watching 24. This is one of the greatest shows ever. Nothing like a cliffhanger every single episode. The only downside is you just can't miss an episode, or come in in the middle of the show. You've gotta see every minute. And Keifer Sutherland is just awesome. He just said one of the best lines of the show: "The only reason you are still conscious is because I don't want to carry you." This show is so cool...

1 comment:

iamhoff said...

Quite the weekend of football. I have a really hard time rooting for Denver. It's better now that Elway isn't there, but I think the only way I could root for Denver is if they were playing either KC or Oakland and a Denver victory was more beneficial (or less damaging) to the Chargers than a win by KC/Oak. I did think Indy would pull it off...even though my Bolts took away their perfect season, their big thing was beating up on New England. They seemed to be the Cinderella choice. Tough call on who I want in the Superbowl. I've got a long history with the Steelers, and I'll definitely root for them over Denver, but I'm thinking Seattle is my choice. Love the town.

I watched the first two seasons of 24, because that was before I was living with Jodi. Between that, work, blogging, poker, and trying to hit the gym and lose weight, I ain't got the time (Time! Got the time, tick tick ticking in my head! Name that song/band!). Seriously, I totally dug 24, I just don't have enough time, even with DVR! Sigh. So it goes. If you haven't, check me out today...I hit a milestone over the weekend. 1100 hits! Woo hoo!