Saturday, September 19, 2026

Stuck

 250.2

I'm closing in on a weight that has a little significance for me, but it's been a frustrating week. 

I had gotten down to 251 early in the week, but then I bounced back up to 252-253 for the rest of the week. Even though I'm well into the medium dosage of the medication, I felt my old eating habits creeping back in a bit this week. When I got a chicken wrap from BWW, I ate both halves, even though I didn't really need to. I grabbed a cheese stick for a snack, even though I didn't really need a snack. Last night, I had three tacos for dinner, even though I could've stopped at two. I didn't obsess about it or go back for more, but I have not felt the lack of desire to keep eating that I felt during the original dosage. 

I have discovered something that seems to help: I saw some ads for Loaded Teas. They're basically a green tea with added ingredients like protein and collagen. Protein seems to help with the feeling of fullness, and collagen is supposed to help with skin elasticity as I lose weight (I'm worried about extra skin). The previous week, I had bought a few of those teas to try out, and they seemed to help me not feel hungry in the evenings. So I bought more, and they arrived yesterday. I'm going to drink them in the afternoons this week and see if I can keep the weight loss going. 

That 250 mark feels like a big deal. Not that it's a huge improvement from 270 and 260, but I was right around 250 when the world went a bit sideways. Back in September 2024, my dad had a stroke on Labor Day. I went to Carson City to check on him later that week, and I weighed myself on his scale. I was down to 248 on one of those days. I had to clean up his house, entry his fridge, make sure his mail was forwarded to me, access his computer so I could pay his bills, etc. It started a year of being responsible for my dad as we moved him to a nursing home in Billings. In September of 2025, my dad had a fall that may have either precipitated another stroke or caused a brain bleed that essentially created the same kind of outcome. He passed away on October 4, and since then I've been working on closing out all of my dad's personal business. It's been a stressful couple of years. So getting back below 250 will feel like an accomplishment.

I know I will hit plateaus throughout this process, but hopefully I can at least get off this one this week.

No comments: