Friday, December 05, 2008

Well, I started out well.

I managed to hit the gym both Monday and Tuesday mornings, and also Tuesday afternoon. I was feeling pretty proud of myself (and pretty sore).

Then Wednesday morning came. When the alarm went off, I did a quick status check of all systems, and realized I was stuffy, my throat hurt, and my stomach didn't feel very good. I opted out of the morning workout, figuring I'd hit the gym on my way home from work that afternoon. However, I did not count on getting sick once I got to school that morning. After a couple trips to the bathroom before school, it became apparent that I wasn't going to make it. I ended up taking my first sick day in 6 1/2 years. Needless to say, I didn't make it to the gym. Thursday morning I also opted out, not in any hurry to reignite the illness (still stuffy and sore-throated, but not barfing). Thursday afternoon I couldn't work out because of a swim meet. That left this morning. Still snuffly, I decided against the morning workout (much to the dog's dismay). That leaves this afternoon. I do need to make the effort to get there.

The good news is that, despite the gap in the middle of the week, I've managed to lose 1 1/2 pounds between Monday and today. Of course, all the yakking I did on Wednesday probably facilitated some of that...

2 comments:

iamhoff said...

I've always thought that reverse consumption aided by illness was the best weight-loss method! Good on ya for actually setting forth a plan. For the week after Ginger went beyond the rainbow bridge, I actually made serious efforts to get back into a groove. When the morning walks normally occurred, I went for a run. I hit the gym after work every chance I got. And then came the puppeh! DAPGF has wanted me to come straight home after work on nights she was teaching (normal gym nights) so that I could bond with the puppeh and make sure she didn't destroy anything or cause general (or major or captain) havoc. Once we get her into a routine, I expect to get back into my routine. Here's hoping...

On that note, I fully expect to start posting. Not exactly sure when, but I need to. Watch the RSS feeds, and get well soon.

River Driver said...

Well, with an energetic puppeh dog, you should get a fair amount of exercise on the doggie-walks, right?