Monday, October 06, 2008

Not much progress on the weight issue (I was 196 today, down from about 199, but my weight fluctuates so much day to day that it's hard to count that as a for-sure drop). But there's other news...

I won my first golf game ever yesterday!

Not to say this is announcing my entrance into the LPGA tour or anything--I will not be taking Annika's place particularly soon. But this was big for me; the score was probably at least a 20 stroke improvement over my personal best. I've always used double-par as my personal par, since I've only been doing this since the end of June. That means I'm usually looking at a score in the 140's. And most of the time my 9-hole score is in the upper 50's-mid 60's. My front nine was 51; my back nine was 58 (sort of fell apart there at the end). So this 109 was totally awesome for me. The fact that I got a lower score than my husband (who usually completely destroys me when we golf) and my brother-in-law (who was on his high school golf team) was just icing on the cake.

Will I ever beat them again? Unlikely. I suspect the planets aligned or something for me to play as well as I did.

I guess I need a new personal par. It will probably depend on the course I'm playing (the one yesterday was pretty short, which is good for me because I can't drive very far). Maybe 18 under double par?

No comments: