Sunday, September 23, 2007





Finally made it to the gym several times this week. Already that's a positive sign. It hasn't made a huge difference in the weight so far (187 this morning), but as I get into more of a routine I should start seeing more results.

Also, I am hoping to see more positive results when swim season starts. I plan to make sure I go to practice early and swim as often as possible. My eating habits also tend to be better during swim season, maybe because I'm on the move and don't really have time to sit down and graze in front of the TV as I do the rest of the year.

I've also decided I need to try and utilize some of my planning time during the day for exercise. I procrastinate badly when it comes to my grading, and I really should use my planning periods for that, but with the beginning of swim season I gain some time in the evenings when I can sit down and grade. I often take papers with me to practice and sit and grade on the pool deck. So hopefully I can use some of my other down time during the day to exercise. I won't be doing cardio or anything, but I have hand weights in my classroom and I found a website showing some leg exercises that are mainly just lunges and squats. If I can get a yoga mat, I can incorporate some ab work too. That would be really helpful.

Anyway, I'm hoping to see positive changes soon...

1 comment:

iamhoff said...

Congrats on the progress. I see good things coming...you've got a plan and you're setting up the routine. Good luck with it.