Saturday, July 21, 2007

Wow. Just finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, and to answer one of your questions, yes, I'm a fast reader. We got the books (multiple, yes, because both my husband and I read them, and we didn't want to fight over the copy of the book) this morning at about 9:30 a.m., and here it is just before 4:00 p.m. and I'm done.

To answer any of your other questions would require revealing some things about the book, which I'm not going to do, exactly. I will say I was right about a few things and not completely right about some others. About Dumbledore's death and Snape's involvement, I was both wrong and right. About Harry and whether or not he was a Horcrux, I was right, and about whether or not Harry was going to have to die, I was right. About Neville's involvement in the whole prophecy (as he could have been The Chosen One), I was sort of right; his involvement was not exactly what I had predicted. And as to the characters who died, I was totally wrong. I was pretty sad about the characters they killed off, but I didn't cry.

Overall, a pretty darn good ending to a pretty darn good series of books. And now, to start rereading it...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm on chapter 4... darn summer school homework and need for sleep.

River Driver said...

Who needs sleep? And don't you have several more weeks to get your summer work done? Priorities! It's all about priorities!

iamhoff said...

And somehow I have managed to avoid all things Harry Potter. Yay me! I've got enough crap in my life...I don't need another series of intertwined things to take up more space.

River Driver said...

If you learn to read really fast, it doesn't really eat up that much time.

iamhoff said...

I can read fast, but what is it, seven books? That plus the inevitable movies? I'll pass. Kthxbai.