Friday, July 13, 2007

Got a new kayak, a Dagger Agent 6.2. It's a playboat, which means (for those of you who aren't into this sport) that it is design to do tricks. It is shorter than typical "river running" kayaks, with less volume and a bow, stern, and edges that are flattened and shaped to make it easier to surf on waves, spin in holes, and bury the front or back to do flips and twists. Not that I expect to ever figure out how to do any of these tricks, but I wouldn't have any chance at all of pulling any of them off in my other boat.

The one thing I changed about the boat is the logo. The original logo was a silhouette of a man, one would assume a spy of some kind, with a hat pulled down low over his face and sunglasses to obscure him. Kind of a lame logo, really. So, I decided to replace it with something. I had a few ideas unrelated to the whole "agent" thing, but my husband came up with the clever idea to use the old "Spy vs. Spy" comic from Mad magazine. So I blacked out the original logo with a Sharpie, bought some white paint pens and a waterproof clearcoat spray, and went to work. All in all, I think it came out pretty good.







I'll try it out this weekend, and let you know what I think.

2 comments:

iamhoff said...

No playing for you until you clean your house!!! (just channeling mom). Cool looking boat. Don't sink. I'm just saying...some people need practical advice!

Unknown said...

It looks like Rasta Man's kayak.