Sunday, July 23, 2006

6 lbs in one week!

That's right, you heard it here...I lost 6 lbs this week! When I returned from my CA trip, I weighed in at 185.8. This evening, when I got home from an afternoon paddling trip (kayaking, not kinky, for those of you who don't pay attention), I weighed in at 179.6! I've been good this week--limiting my calorie intake to about 1500, and working out at least once each day. Actually, this is three days in a row at 179.6. Some of that might have to do with the fact that my husband finally came home (we'd seen each other for one day out of the previous fourteen) and we celebrated by doing what has done such damage in the past...we went out to eat. We did try to keep the rest of our eating this weekend to a reasonable amount, but we splurged last night and went to an Italian place called Carrabbas (sp?). I had chicken parmigiana. Couldn't find that particular restaurant chain on Calorie King, but I checked The Olive Garden for a comparison, and the same dish there is 1300 calories. Eek. So I'm lucky to be under 180 lbs for the first time in years. Whoo hoo! I need to celebrate. Bring on the cheesecake! Aw, s***, just give me a cup of sugar-free Jello. *sigh*

2 comments:

iamhoff said...

Mmmm. Sugar free Jello. Congrats! Keep it up, or down as the case may be. Good job leeetle seeester.

k. said...

congratulations!!!


damn ... i want to be back in the '70s ... you have inspired me!