Monday, March 13, 2006

Spring Break! Whoo hoo!

You know you've gotten older when the best thing about spring break is the fact that you can sleep in. No partying, no staying out late, no hanging out with friends because most of them aren't on the same schedule as you (this is what I get for hanging out with non-teachers). Just sleeping in. Man, I'm old.

I don't even get to sleep in that much. I'm trying to help motivate my husband to work out in the mornings by getting up with him to swim at the gym. That means I still get to sleep in a little (5:15 a.m. instead of 4:00 a.m.). Yay.

Still sitting in the afterglow of one of my best river trips. We did the Locust Fork of the Warrior River in Alabama over the weekend. I ran a real waterfall! As soon as I get pictures/video, I'll try to post some of it. It was a good day, and went a long way to boosting my confidence.

Ah, spring break. No papers to grade, no assignments to read. This is why I'm a teacher (to heck with the "molding minds" nobility)...

4 comments:

MusikMom said...

My daughter started Spring Break today as well. It's times like this that I sometimes consider going back. (Just from what I've observed, this district has it's act together.) Whenever I mention it, my husband gives me a look. Oh well, I can dream...

Have a great break!
Mon :-)

P.S. - Thanks for your opinion!

iamhoff said...

Wow! You are OLD! Wait a minute, that means I'm older than you! D'oh! Fortunately, I work in the real world, so the only reason I know it is spring break season is all of the news articles talking about how young, nubile girls are going to be drinking too much and engaging in promiscuous sexual activities. Man, all that does is depress me!

Congrats on the waterfall. Let me know when the video is ready. Also, if you and Ross are still trying to lose weight, do what I did. I caught something, somehow (bad food? dog crap? bad karma?), and spent the following 30+ hours not only not ingesting anything but engaging in reverse consumption of everything consumed previously. 4 pounds in 24 hours. Unfortunately, I'm feeling better so I'm afraid I'm going to have to eat again. Meh. Enjoy spring break

River Driver said...

Eew. Sorry about the illness. I keep thinking I'll catch mono or something from the girls drooling all over the water fountains at work, and lose weight that way, but it just hasn't happened yet.

Those nubile young girls who are drinking too much and are engaging in promiscuous behavior are my students. I shudder to think what some of them are doing this week! The only two I'm not worried about are the two who went to Europe with their mothers (and my little bendy-kayaker toy--they promised they'd take pictures of him at the Eiffel Tower for me; the dumb thing is better traveled than I am).

iamhoff said...

sounds like you've got your own Travelocity gnome or something. That's the thingy you showed me at Christmas, right? Hope it has fun.