265.8
I took my second shot today. As I prepared to do so, I realized I made a mistake last week and only gave myself half of the dosage that I should have.
Oopsie.
Allow me to explain how I managed to be stupid. When I got my shipment of medication, I noted a lack of comprehensive instructions. There were three packets, each containing a 2 mL vial of medication, several syringes, and alcohol wipes. Each packet was labeled with the prescription info, the medication strength, and the weeks it was to be administered: 1-4, 5-8, 9-12. There was also a card with instructions about how to give yourself a shot.
What it didn't contain was how much medication to put into each syringe. They were all 1 mL syringes; each vial was 2 mL. I saw on each label that the information about the medication was slightly different. The first week's vial said .25 of a particular medication, the second said .5, and the third said 1. I knew o was supposed to be starting with the lighter dosage and then stepping up over the course of twelve weeks.
So, I figured I had to fill the syringe to .25 mL for my first doses. So that's what I did last week.
But today, since it was about time for my next dose, I went ahead and got out all the materials out. I had bought myself a storage case and a travel case that I can use to keep the stuff in while in the fridge to keep everything cool.
As I looked everything over, I started thinking. If I truly only needed .25 each dose from the first vial, that would only use up half the vial. But the vial was packaged for weeks 1-4. If the second set of doses was .5, that would use up the second vial. But then if the third set was 1 each, but the vial only had 2 mL, I'd be short some medication.
I then really thought about each vial. If each vial truly had four doses, that meant they had to be .5 mL each. Then I realized it wasn't the amount of liquid that was stepping up but rather the strength of the medication in the liquid. The .25, .5, and 1 referred to the strength of the compounded medications, not the size.
🤦♀️
They really should've included that in the instructions.
Anyway, I gave myself a shot that was .5 mL of the medication in vial #1. I should have plenty left for the next two doses before I step up to the next vial.
I really am smart; I swear.
No comments:
Post a Comment