Tuesday, September 01, 2009

So, it's been a really long time since my last post. Since then, things were thrown into a bit of chaos, and my world has completely changed.

My husband got a new job, back out West. For YEARS we've wanted to move away from the South, and here was our chance! So we packed everything up and drove across eight states. We stayed for a few weeks at a friend's house, then found an apartment to live in for a few months, until we try to buy a house. I'm currently jobless, as we moved too close to the beginning of the new school year for me to find a full-time position. I have applied as a sub in the local schools, so hopefully I'll have something to do. But it's all kind of a holding pattern right now.

What this means is, it's a whole new ballgame. We're now in a part of the country where it should be easier to be involved in outdoor activities, so we're going to rededicate ourselves to getting healthy and losing weight.

Not sure what my "starting" weight is, as our scale remains packed. But I can assume it's around 200, as it so often is. *sigh*. Same sh*t, different state...

2 comments:

iamhoff said...

"...we moved to close to the beginning..." Aren't you an English teacher? Isn't it "too close?" Just gotta bust your chops, little sister! I think your last post really ties in to your move...you were not only living in the fattest region of the country (besides my gut!), but you were actually in the fattest state in the country. I also suspect that, living in an area that is both outdoor-oriented and seemingly of a more healthy frame of mind, losing weight will become an easier prospect. Good luck! Now update your Blogger profile!

Smithee said...

Good luck to you! Hope you find a house and a job soon. Sounds like there's a lot to do out there, so I know you'll have fun. Let me know if that exercise stuff actually helps in losing weight. I may have to give it a try. Someday.