Sunday, September 06, 2026

New stuff

 255.2

Well, that was a nice weight to come home to. I went on an overnight out-of-town trip to pick up a new truck in Idaho.  I was worried about eating out and being stationary in the car for so long (7-hr drive). 

I took my fifth shot on Friday before we left for the first part of the drive, and it was the first shot of the step-up dosage. My previous four shots were at .25 strength (mg? mL? I don't even know); this next four are at .5, and then the next four after than step up to the full strength. That's all the medication I have currently. They'll send out the next three-month supply at the end of October. 

I was worried that I did my shot incorrectly this time. I think I bent the needle when I inserted it into the vial, and I was worried that I'd actually broken it and maybe the medicine leaked out somehow, and I didn't feel the stinging sensation I have noticed after my shot (accusing to the Internet, it's a reaction to the refrigerated medication), so I thought maybe something had gone wrong. But I think it was working fine: when we stopped for dinner, I got the smallest cheeseburger I could order and didn't really even want any fries (I think I ate three). The next day, I only ate about 2/3 of my breakfast, I sure my sandwich at lunch but didn't touch my potato chips, and when I got myself a snack later (even though I didn't really feel hungry), I actually felt nauseous for about an hour.

From my heaviest, I'm down about fifteen pounds, but from my first shot, I'm down about 11.6 pounds. I would love to maintain a ten-pound loss each month, but I know that's probably not a thing. 

Anyway, crossing my fingers that I keep this up.

No comments: