Sunday, August 23, 2026

Progress

 260.3

I was camping all weekend, so I had to take my shot with me. I bought a little case to keep my supplies in the regular fridge and then a smaller cooler pouch I could take with me and keep in the fridge in the trailer. 

I was really curious as to how the weekend would go. Some people's camping trips focus on hiking or hunting or kayaking. Our trips these days tend to focus on food. 

What are we eating for breakfast each day? How many lunches do we need to prep for? What do we want for dinner each night? Are we making desserts? Do we have s'mores supplies? 

Also, I find food on camping trips tends to be a comfort thing. It tastes better outside, I swear. I've always gone back for seconds. I've always had desserts. So I really didn't know what to expect. 

I didn't overdo it when I thought I would. One serving, not a big serving, and that was it. I felt overly full after lunch one day, even though I didn't feel like I consumed as much as I previously might have. 

I've wondered several times with my limiting my portion sizes and stopping myself after just one serving: is my will power my own? Is it bolstered by the medication? Or am I making better choices because it's on my mind? 

I don't really know the answer to that. But I'm relieved to see myself closing in on a milestone. I certainly never thought I'd weigh more than 260 lbs at any point in my life. I'm really hoping that if I cross back over that line this week, that will be the last time I see those numbers. I'm two weeks and three shots in, and I am seeing improvement on the scale. I now need to stay adding in movement. My fitness can't just be tied to my weight. So I need to figure out to ways to get my stamina up.

No comments: